Friday, January 11, 2013

Salad Mix-up!

So I just have to brag about how well I've been doing eating healthy lately. That's not to say I haven't had a chocolate chip cookie (or five), but I have had a salad every day for lunch this week! Whooo! And I haven't been bored with them! Double Whooo!

I've made a different salad every day this week. Switching up 1 or 2 things keeps it interesting and keeps me from dreading the salads and instead, looking forward to them. 

So yesterday I had a good brilliant idea. I had some leftover Crockpot Salsa Chicken (i will definitely devote a whole post to this one day) and I had lettuce..

I filled a 7 cup tupperware container about half full with lettuce. Diced up 2 slices of tomatos, and added that to the container. Then added a sprinkle (seriously i only added a tiny sprinkle unlike when i used to add about 2 cups) of shredded cheese to the same container. Then I tossed about a 1/4 of a cup of frozen corn into my leftover Salsa Chicken (which was probably about 3/4 of a cup) and microwaved it. I then dumped that on top of my lettuce and ta da.. Salsa Chicken Salad. 

   
try to ignore the water stains on the container, i know they're blinding

Also because the chicken has a "sauce" type this on it, I didn't use any dressing. I suppose you could use one if you wanted, but I'm going for healthy here, remember? I really didn't feel like I was missing out not having a dressing on there anyway. 

Also, check out this side view! It didn't fill up the whole container, which as first I was nervous about, thinking I was still going to be hungry after I ate it. Turns out, I wasn't! It was more than enough to completely fill me up! Happy, happy day!


So happy how this turned out! (insert huge smiley face here).

Also guess what I've been doing almost every night this week..


I'm so excited about this project I'm practically jumping out of my skin! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...