Friday, February 15, 2013

Corn Doggy-Dogg

Get it? Snoop Doggy-Dogg. Corn Doggy-Dogg. No? Just me? Okay.. Anyway.. Things are getting crazy in blog world. I'm posting a 2nd recipe this week. Stop it, I know. I'm getting all domestic on you guys.

This recipe is FOOL PROOF. You heard it here first. Fool. Proof.


Yes I added hearts to the picture. Yesterday was Valentine's Day. It's not weird, it's totally appropriate. Or at least that's what I told myself while doing it. 

Here's what you need..


Totally serious.. Especially if you use the exact box mix that I used, because it was just mixed with water. No eggs, no milk, no oil. Just water.


Then I cut my sausage links into quarters. That's 4 pieces for all of you non-math majors.


THEN I spooned a tiny bit of the batter into the bottom of my greased mini muffin pan. Then I plopped (yes, i plopped) a piece of the sausage on top of that. Then I filled it the rest of the way with batter.

DO NOT use as much cooking spray as I did. There was an explosion. It was unavoidable.


The I put the pan into a 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes. I basically just followed the instructions on the box of muffin mix though, so I recommend doing that.


Finally (12 minutes later) they were done!


And the inside..


JUST like a darn corn dog. And so so taste-y!

Oh, and you could obviously use hot dogs. I think the inspiration picture I saw used hot dogs, but I'm not a hot dog fan, so I switched it up a bit. Either way, they were good and I was happy.

Enjoy! Also enjoy your weekend! Come back on Monday and make sure you tell me all about it! Oh and all of my Dietbet peeps, how's it going for you? How's #operationredbikini going for everyone? Check out Kassie's blog for more info on that.


2 comments:

  1. My kids would love these! I never thought about doing this. Great idea and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and sound so yummy! Definitely going to have to try making these at some point, love simply recipes like this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...