Tuesday, April 16, 2013

today #prayforboston

This wasn't what I had planned to blog about this morning. Things so rarely go as I plan them.

But today.. Well today I felt like writing about only one thing. Boston.


To be honest with you guys, today I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican. I don't care if you're Catholic or Muslim. I don't care if you're a man or a woman. I don't care if you're black or purple. I don't care if you're 7 or 107.


I don't care if you believe in the war. I don't care if you want stricter gun control. I don't care if you believe in abortion. I don't care if you don't think women should vote.


I don't care if you're a girl who likes boys. I don't care if you're a boy who likes boys. I don't care if you're sometimes a girl and sometimes a boy who sometimes likes girls and sometimes likes boys.

Today, I just don't care.


I care that someone lost their mother or father. I care that someone's wife or husband was injured. I care that someone's best friend isn't texting them this morning. I care that someone's little boy or little girl is scared and confused today.


I care that while there were many who ran away from the blast, there were some who ran towards it. I care that the area hospitals had to stop taking blood donations, because there were so many willing to give.


I wanted to write something meaningful. Something inspirational, something hopeful, something profound. But I just can't seem to string the right combination of words together. I'm not sure that there is a "right" combination of words.


I wish there was.


So last night I lit a few candles and I said a few prayers. And today, I'm sad. But tomorrow? Well, there's always hope for tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. You have said every word that i feel too. its terrible and beyond imaginable. my heart aches for every person that experienced it.

    My fiance wanted to go to the finish line but i told him to stay home. he did.

    there are no words....

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...