Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Beware: Links and Questions Ahead.

My brain is all over the place today and I have lots of ideas and thoughts and interesting links floating around, so I'm going to attempt to get all of these things into one blog post.
Beware...

I was browsing Instagram over the weekend and I noticed 2 posts from 2 of the stars of Pretty Little Liars and I loved it so much that I wanted to share it with everyone.

I can absolutely get behind two beautiful, famous actresses who publicly wish the TV show they both work on wouldn't touch up their photos so much. That is the right kind of message they need to be sending young girls. I approve, I approve!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This morning I posted this on Twitter..


My workout partner got a new job and that has forced us to move our workouts to 5am. Due to my crazy work schedule working out in the evening and making it a consistent thing just isn't possible. Besides, we both prefer going in the morning when no one is there and we can have "our" treadmills or "our" machines. #creaturesofhabit
The kicker is that to get there by 5am, I have to wake up at 4:15am to hit snooze at least once, get dressed, start my car, eat a banana or something, tie my shoes, and it's about a 15 minute drive right now because I have to take the long way because of the snowy/icey roads. Ugh.
But once I'm there? Once we walk inside? I'm good to go. I'm usually damn near perky and ready to run or whatever we're doing that day (except ab day, i loathe ab day) and I always, always leave thinking "now that wasn't so hard".

My biggest, hardest challenge is just getting there. It's truly all a mind game. I'm probably never going to "like" getting up at 4:15am and I'm probably never going to "like" my drive to the gym. I just hope that I keep doing it anyway.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I frequently click on articles that random people post on Facebook and this is an article I actually LOVED, unlike the many, many, many that I think are stupid/ridiculous. It's called 12 Stupid Things People Care Way Too Much About. It's awesome. Actually there are only 11 things, because the 9th thing on the list is "The Fact That I Skipped Number 7 On This List". The article is fabulous in my opinion, but my favorite part was reading the comment section below. Oh my lanta, I laughed so hard!! Sometimes it amuses me to no end that people can just completely miss the point.. It also makes me want to crawl in a hole and cry for our society, but what's new?
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I am currently in major love with The Fray's new single - Love Don't Die.
Check out the music video, all of my fellow TVD viewers will recognize a familiar face!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

While we're on the subject of YouTube videos, have you guys seen this?! I tweeted it a while ago, but I stumbled across it again yesterday and I wanted to make sure you all saw it because I think it is awesome.


  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


In the most important news of the day, Chad Michael Murray is auctioning his show-worn blue Ravens jersey from One Tree Hill..
So, here's the deal. We all need to start a fund so that I can purchase this. I need it. NEED. Family, you still need Christmas/Birthday ideas? Here you go. You have until Wednesday. Make it happen.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now I have some questions for everyone - AKA I'm asking for help/advice!
  • Does anyone know of any really good posts about food prep? If so, can you send them my way?
  • Has anyone read the Sue Grafton novels? It's a series starting with "A is for Alibi" and now it's at "W is for Wasted"? Recommend?
  • Is anyone else a closet One Direction fan or just me? They're becoming my guilty pleasure and I'm not all that guilty about it.
  • Anyone know of a Netflix documentary that I NEED to see? Send them my way!
  • Anyone know of a blogger that I absolutely can't start 2014 without reading? 
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks in advance for all of the help!
You are the best of the best of the best!

11 comments:

  1. Not sure if you do already but you should check out "Life According to Steph" for food prep and book suggestions. She just posted on her instagram about Sue Grafton books and she did a really great food prep post back in May. I can email it to you if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay there is so much to love about this one post. PLL, TVD, The Fray, 1D, and Netflix Docs. I really enjoyed the Queen of Verailles, This Film Is Not Yet Rated, Cocaine Cowboys, and Tabloid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new Fray song. I have read all of Sue Grafton's alphabet series and I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh hi, closet 1D fan right here. As far as Netflix docs, Blackfish is reaaally eye opening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hardest part for me getting up at 5AM is putting my feet on the ground once I do I am fine but literally the act of rolling over and placing my feet on the ground is by far the HARDEST part for me. Keep it up girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major props to you for the 5am workouts-- I'm barely able to function when I wake up at 6:45 for my workout!! For food prep, you might want to check out Leigh Ann (elle noel is her blog). She doesn't talk about it thaaaat often, but she does have helpful information for putting together meals throughout the week. Speaking of food, the "Food Inc." documentary is pretty fascinating if you can stomach it! Also, I'd love to know the answers you get for the other questions (I'm in need of a good book now that I finished the Divergent series!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. super-dooper proud of your 5am workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a gym buddy! So jealous. Move here.

    Also, love PLL ladies even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watch the food documentaries like it's my job on Netflix. Forks over Knives was our favorite (and we've both been meat free since April 2012) so if you like meat, maybe avoid that one. Also, I LOVED Life in a Day. And 5 AM? Girlfriend - that is dedication. You should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 100 gazillion % that GETTING THERE is the hardest part. huge props for going that early though, i work at 6am and getting up for that is a challenge every single day.
    also, LOVE ashley!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...