Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tough It Out Tuesday - The Workout Plan Edition

The last couple of weeks have been really weird for me. I've had a lot going on and I've used most of my spare moments to get some sleep. Things are on the up and up now though and I'm using my planner to get my life back to normal.

The backstory for today's TIOT goes a little something like this - I have a friend who graduated with a degree in Exercise Science and she's currently in grad school to earn her Physical Therapy degree and just in general she's really fit and likes to workout and such. She was a 3 star athlete in high school, so it's comes pretty 2nd nature for her. She lives a little over an hour away now, so she's not my workout buddy or anything, but we do talk frequently and I very, very frequently ask her for workout advice and just general questions about this healthy lifestyle stuff.


Last night we were facetiming and I mentioned that I felt as if I was doing a fairly decent job with my eating and I really wanted to spend more time getting better with my workouts. I think that's my weak spot and I think that if I devoted a little more time making working out a normal part of my routine then I'd be a lot better off and a lot closer to my goals. SO, she made a suggestion and we ended up spending the next half hour coming up with my new 2 week plan.

I figure if I can stick with my plan for 2 weeks then I can re-evaluate and decide which parts worked and which didn't.

Here's the crazy plan..

Tuesday (4/22) - Run
Wednesday (4/23) - Gym Workout
Thursday (4/24) - Pinterest Workout
Friday (4/25) - Run
Saturday (4/26) - Long Walk In St. Louis
Sunday (4/27) - Rest Day

Monday (4/28) - Gym Workout
Tuesday (4/29) - Run
Wednesday (4/30) - Pinterest Workout
Thursday (5/1) - Gym Workout
Friday (5/2) - Run
Saturday (5/3) - Long Walk
Sunday (5/4) - Rest Day

Monday (5/5) -Pinterest Workout
Tuesday (5/6) - Re-evaluate

Two things you'll notice -
1. There's no real rhyme or reason to the order of workouts
2. I'm doing a ton of different workouts

I have a lot of reasons for this, but basically I want to try out a few different things and try a few different combinations of things. I also want to rely a lot less on workout dvds. I also want to avoid boredom. And a few more reasons but blah blah blah, you don't care. There are a TON of workouts on Pinterest, so I really want to try a few out.


So what about you guys? What are you doing to stay fit and active and healthy? Workouts I need to be doing? Anything else you want to throw at me? Always willing to listen, because I can always use some advice!

Check out the other lovelys below!
The Best Of Intentions



11 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you have a friend who will help you with your sweat schedule! Something that's really helped me with my workouts is finding things I LOVE to do. You could have never honestly dragged me to a dance class a year ago, but it's become my soulmate workout more than running ever was. I'm a fan of the workout DVD's just because they're in the comfort of my own home, but definitely not for everyone!

    Good luck! What pinterest workouts? Babbling Brookelyn always has great workouts she creates that make me sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixing up your workouts is a great way to stay motivated. When ever I am feeling bored or not wanting to hit the gym I take a new class to mix it up and keep me active.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eating as been the absolute worst lately, especially after a weekend in Chicago. I did so much better when I would plan out my meals for the week. As for workouts I totally agree to do a different combo of things. I get bored so easily and have found a good balance with my workouts. During the week I switch it up between boot camp class, boxing, lifting/cardio, and jogging/walking the dog. I'm interested to see how your new routine works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you have a friend that is so great at helping you out!
    I found that I cannot do work out dvds because I will not do them - plain and simple. I can tell myself all day long that I will do them, but the truth is I'm home, I want to sit on my couch and watch tv - not work out so going to the gym is better for me and is something I will actually do.
    I think it's great that you're doing a couple different things. You have to find out what works for you and what YOU enjoy because if you hate doing something why would you continue doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to mix things up because I get bored. So I completely understand the slight erratic workout schedule. Mine is like that as well, especially with our crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey hey! this sounds like a great plan. it will help you figure out what workouts you do and do not enjoy and hopefully not make you bored!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I switch it up too. I run every other day. The other days I do beach body work outs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Switching it up is a great idea. Have you thought about trying out different classes, like barre, spinning, zumba, yoga, power stretch, etc? Maybe you could add a different class each week going forward or something like that! And I love the workouts I find on Pinterest too. When I know it's going to be a crazy evening I sometimes try to squeeze one of those in in the office :) good luck with the 2-week plan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. work is completely draining me and idk why Im gonna force myself to start running again tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds wonderful! I love getting input from others on how to better my routine! And trying new things and learning new things is always fun. Well most of the time =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to make a plan for my work outs too. I can get bored easily and changing it up is a great way to stay motivated. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...