Monday, August 18, 2014

21 Day Fix Thoughts & Review

Yesterday was the official conclusion of my 21 Day Fix that I mentioned I was doing (21 days ago..) and I promised that I'd give you guys an honest review since I'm not getting paid or perked or anything.

I've got a lot to say, so here's your warning.


My Official Results
So, in full disclosure, I have to tell you that I did NOT stick to the 21 Day Fix program throughout the entire 21 days. I'll talk more about this later, but there it is. So, I was actually pleasantly surprised by my results. In the 21 days I lost 3 lbs, which is absolutely ridiculous because I should have gained 3 lbs, not lost. I have no way to explain that 3 lb loss.

Sticking To The Program
As I mentioned, I did not stick to the program throughout the 21 days. Honestly, we chose a very poor time of the year for us to do this and my sister and our friend, who did it with me, quit before the first week was up. There's a lot, A LOT, of planning involved and there isn't a lot of wiggle room to have mistakes, so you've got to make the time to stick with this.

I did really, really well the first 6 days, but the other 15 days were sporadic, to say the least. I tried to stick with it and I might have 1 perfect day, but I'd follow that up with 2 or 3 half-assed days. Life and previous commitments kept interfering, which I know is a poor excuse.


Exercise While On The 21 Day Fix
Whomp Whomp. My exercise has been laughable the last 2 months. Laughable. The first 6 days, while I was sticking closely to the program, I was also getting back into regular workouts and I felt really, really good. I think the foods you have to eat and the amounts and the exercise all added together was a wonderful thing. So I recommend exercising hard during the 21 days. I'd imagine your results would be amazing.

What I Learned
I don't know if I've made it clear yet, but I love this program. I really love it and I'm a little obsessed with it. Probably not for the reasons everyone else is though. I love it because of what I learned from it. So let's break that down.

I was not eating enough vegetables. Not even close to enough. I also learned that when I'm forced to, I can actually eat a lot in one day and I'm not 100% miserable. I usually don't want to eat that many veggies, but I CAN and I NEED to.

I really enjoy fresh fruit. I always knew this and I've never had a problem eating fruit, but I'm usually too lazy to deal with the washing and the cutting and all that jazz. Now, I'm making a hugely conscious effort to not be lazy and do all of that because man, a nice fresh pineapple just can't be beat.

I'm addicted to sauces. I actually already knew this, but this program definitely drew attention to my problem. On the program I couldn't really indulge in my sauce addiction, so I started to miss them more and more, which is sad and a little pathetic.

Portion control! The same reason everyone loves Weight Watchers. This program teaches you portion control in a nice way. I don't know a better way to explain it than that. It's almost like they were accidentally teaching you, because it wasn't something I realized I was learning right away.


What I Didn't Like
On one hand I loved the semi-rigid eating plan and on the other hand, I hated it. There are plenty of healthy things that I couldn't eat because I couldn't fit them into my program. Which, was super annoying to me. Which is the same reason I kept going off of the program. I hated that even if I wanted to eat something that I knew to be healthy, I couldn't eat it. Frustrating as hell.

Also, the measuring and the planning got to be really tedious, which meant that it got to be really annoying. Nothing I couldn't get used to if I stuck with it, but also very annoying.

My Official 21 Day Fix Opinion
I love this program. I honestly don't see how anyone who sticks to the program and works out wouldn't lose weight. However, the best thing about the program, in my opinion, is that is changes your eating habits. I barely followed the program for the whole 21 days and yet, I can tell that the way I eat and especially the way I grocery shop has been changed. All for the better.


So that's that.
I'm definitely going to try the 21 Day Fix again and hopefully complete the entire 21 days. Regardless, I plan on incorporating the 21 Day Fix into my every day life. I'm excited.
See you tomorrow for Total Social with Sarah and Helene. Whoop! #GuiltyTotalSocial


9 comments:

  1. It does NOT seem like it has been 21 days at all (I'm sure that's easy for me to say!)
    I'm glad you reviewed this. Obviously I can't really do this right now but post-baby it might be something I'm interested in. All the prep work would get me I think...(hey I know myself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still amaze me with all the hard work and effort you continuously put into this! You are the bomb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you for trying this - I know there's no way I could do it; after every long run I'm like YES BRING ON THE FOOOOOOOOOD! But that being said, I love that you saw some results, and more importantly that they're results that will actually stick around!! The sauces though... I feel your pain. Extra sauce on everything, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!! Drooling over the peanut butter, here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just because you didn't stick to it doesn't mean you failed or did a bad job. I think you learned more about yourself and your eating habits this way, and now know what really works for you and your lifestyle. So proud of you, Snicklefritz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try the 21 day fix for a long time now. Pretty much since it came out. I did weight watchers but it was hard for me to stick to because of having to constantly count your points. I like the idea of the 21 day fix because you just measure the food out in the containers. I have to try this! Thanks for the Review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am with you in the fact that i may not be perfect for the whole 21 days or what not, but at the end of the day having challenges like this just keep me more aware of what foods i am putting into my body and that is never a bad things

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so crazy! Those 21 days seem to have gone by so fast! I have the exact same issue with diets/regulations! I always do really well and then think 'I can afford that piece of cake' and then it spirals! I have random spurts of motivation too (most likely when I'm I bed at 3am!)! Might attempt this though, seems quite doable! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the plan. I'm on my 2nd week and I'm happy with it! My weight is coming
    off and I like how I feel. I am determined to stay on this track.The thing I love the most about 21 Day Fit is that it works and it is simple. There are also some tips here http://fitpharmacist.com/ which also helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...