Friday, September 19, 2014

Netflix Binge-able TV Shows



It is the final day of TV Week! This week has been my favorite thing I've ever done on the blog. Which probably says a lot about me. Thank you to everyone who has stuck by me this week, I appreciate you more than you know! Things should go back to "normal" on Monday. #LaughingOutLoud

Today we're talking about Netflix shows that you can binge watch. Now, obviously you could technically binge watch every TV show currently on Netflix and then watch the new episodes as they aired. So I had to narrow down my criteria. I've decided to share with you shows that are either Netflix Originals or shows that are completed - meaning you could watch the entire show beginning to end as quickly as possible.
P.S. If you don't have a Netflix account (or if you don't have parents who have a netflix account that you have the password to) then you need to get one immediately. Best thing you'll ever do.

***P.S.S. because someone asked - NO, I'm not getting paid or perked or anything at all for talking about Netflix today OR for talking about TV shows all week. However, if someone could find a way for me to get paid for talking about TV and telling you to purchase Netflix, please send your ideas my way. Because #dreamjob***


30 Rock
7 Seasons - 2006-2013
I've only ever seen random episodes, but Tina Fey.. Do I need to say anything else? It's funny. You'll laugh. End of discussion.

Angel
5 Seasons - 1999-2004
The Buffy spin-off. I recommend this as much as I recommend Buffy, which is a lot. However, I don't recommend that you watch this without having watched Buffy. You'll miss so much if you do. I liked Angel, not even close to as much as I loved Buffy, but I did like it, especially once Spike was back.


Breaking Bad
5 Seasons - 2008-2013
I mean, come on. What are you doing with your life? Why haven't you already watched this? Get it together.


Buffy The Vampire Slayer
7 Seasons - 1997-2003
This was the first TV show I ever really watched and I watched the last few seasons live with my mom. It was our thing. I've seen every episode an embarrassing number of times. Buffy is SUCH a good binge-watch show! Do it, do it!!

Charmed
8 Seasons - 1998-2006
I've never seen it, but the reruns are on TV ALL OF THE TIME. Three witchy sisters, battling evil, etc. etc.


CSI: Miami
10 Seasons - 2002-2012
I used to love all of these CSIs. I DVRed them for years and in high school when my parents came home they'd catch me watching reruns of CSI all the time. CSI Miami is my favorite one to make fun of though, because of the ridiculous puns that Horatio makes and his sunglasses! I love it so much! I don't usually get grossed out or squeamish, but there is one episode where one of the detectives gets a nail shot through his eye and I CAN'T HANDLE IT. I seriously can't handle that episode at all.

CSI: New York
9 Seasons - 2004-2013
This was my favorite CSI of all of the CSIs. I've actually rewatched a ton of these episodes on Netflix already, because they are the perfect background noise! Seriously, love this show!

Desperate Housewives
8 Seasons - 2004-2012
I've actually never watched this show? I don't really have a good reason why, I've heard excellent things. When I went to LA in 2005 I got to see the set of this show though, so that's kind of cool.


Dexter
8 Seasons - 2006-2013
I've only really season the first 4 seasons of this show, but I did watch most of the final season, because I'm weird like that. Anyway, I did really like the show, especially the first 3 seasons, but I hated the ending. Hated it. So if you binge watch this show, just beware that you'll probably want to throw a brick at the TV when it's done.

Ghost Whisperer
5 Seasons - 2005-2010
I actually loved this show. Jennifer Love Hewitt isn't always the best and there are definitely some very obnoxious story lines, especially towards the end, but overall this is a show worth watching.

Gossip Girl
6 Seasons - 2007-2012
Oh this show is so good! Definitely binge-watch worthy! Although, I wasn't impressed with the ending and the "reveal". I felt that maybe the writers didn't have a real plan, so they just threw that one out there and tried to make it work. I wasn't a huge fan, but I got over it.

Greek
4 Seasons - 2007-2011
So many people have told me I need to watch this show and I just keep forgetting about it! Has anyone seen it? What did you think?


Hemlock Grove
Netflix Original - 2 Seasons
This show is not for everyone. It's different and a good show, but definitely not for everyone. I've warned you. Also they've announced that season 3 will be the final season.

House M. D.
8 Seasons - 2004-2012
House is a goodie. I still haven't ever seen the last 2 seasons, but I've seen the other 6 and they're good. I get into medical shows like that though, so I could be biased.

House Of Cards
Netflix Original - 2 Seasons
No one who has watched this show hasn't liked it. I'm pretty sure that's an actual fact. Everyone likes it.

How I Met Your Mother
9 Seasons - 2005-2014
In case you missed it while it was on, you can now binge was the whole series right on Netflix! I liked this show a lot, it's funny most of the time and the original story concept was so, so good! I'm one of those people that didn't like the ending, along with almost everyone else I know, just saying. Good show, minus the last episode.

Friday Night Lights
5 Seasons - 2006-2011
This has been on my list for forever! I know it's a show I'd love and I don't know why I haven't gotten around to watching it!


Fringe
5 Seasons - 2008-2013
I am actually currently in the middle of watching this show. I just started season 3! It had been on my list for a long time and I have a friend who swore up and down that this show was so good, so I finally started watching it. It is good so far. There's a whole 5 season series story arch and that's rare and a real treat! So things that happened in season 1 actually had a purpose. My only complaint is with the lead female actress. She's not very expressive, so every emotion she's feeling looks exactly the same. But Joshua Jackson? WOW, so surprised how good he is! LOVE him. But the STAR of the show is John Noble. Holy wow, he deserved an Emmy for his work on this show. Amazing.

Lost
6 Seasons - 2004-2010
I never jumped on the Lost bandwagon and I don't have any intention of doing it now, but a lot of people seemed to like the show, so feel free to jump on the bandwagon with all of them.


One Tree Hill
9 Seasons - 2003-2012
I've very attached to this show. I explained it all on the blog a long time ago, you can read it here. But yes. If you listen to one thing I say, binge watch this show. It's amazing.

Orange Is The New Black
Netflix Original - 2 Seasons
I mean, if you haven't seen this show all over every single form of social media and all of the news and TV award programs, then what are you doing? OITNB is in a Buzzfeed article every day. So yea, add this to your list.

Prison Break
4 Seasons - 2005-2009
This one has been on my list for a while too. My sister loved it and Wentworth Miller is a hottie.

Private Practice
6 Seasons - 2007-2013
Where are all my Grey's Anatomy fans at? This is your show, I promise. It was a spin-off with Derek's ex wife. I didn't watch the last few seasons, because I forgot and was busy, but I've heard such good things.
Psych
8 Seasons - 2006-2014
So funny. This show is so funny. I haven't seen every episode, but I've loved every episode I've seen. It's got a lot of "smart people humor" in it, if you know what I mean and it's hilarious.

Roswell
3 Seasons - 1999-2002
Honestly, I don't know a lot about this show and I've heard mixed reviews, but I think I'd probably like it. It's only 3 seasons, so I could easily binge watch it in a week (-end, I could binge watch 3 seasons in a weekend, let's be honest here).


Scrubs
9 Seasons - 2001-2010
My friends and I used to watch this show so much in high school. It's funny, definitely a good show for a good laugh. While I did like the show, I can see why some people don't. Some of the humor does get kind of old and annoying the further along the series goes. I still recommend it though, because it really is really funny.

The 4400
4 Seasons - 2004-2007
Over several decades 4,400 people go missing. Then one day they all show up again, at the same as they were went they went missing. I don't know very many people who watched this show, but I will say my interest is peaked.

The Killing
Netflix Original - 4 Seasons
A murder mystery, so it's my kind of show. It's on the list, I'll get to it when I get to it. I just looked it up though and checked it's rating and it's high. Like oddly high, so now it might be bumping a little higher up my list.

The Office
9 Seasons - 2005-2013
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the five people who haven't seen this show. I know what it's about and I know it is supposedly really, really good, but I still haven't seen it. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I have a lot of other shows I'd rather watch first.

The X Files
9 Seasons - 1993-2002
I don't really have a huge desire to watch this show, except that a ton of movies and a ton of other shows make reference to this show all the time! So I feel like I NEED to watch this so I'll get the references better!

Weeds
8 Seasons - 2005-2012
I haven't ever seen this show and honestly, it's not on my list either. I had a friend in college who loved this show and always had to be home on the night of a new episode, but she was never able to convince me to watch it, so I don't have a lot of hope for anyone else being able to convince me either.


Above are the only shows I'm going to discuss today. That should be enough to get your started on a good healthy Netflix binge. Of course, I'm always looking for MORE, so if you have one that I forgot, let me know!

Here's a quick run down of this week, just for reference:
Monday - Pretty Little Liars
Tuesday - September 2014 Premieres
Wednesday - October 2014 Premieres
Thursday - Fall 2014's new shows

This concludes TV Week!
I love you people.
Thanks for playing and I'll see you on Monday!

17 comments:

  1. Yes to One Tree Hill. It's one of my absolute favorites. I actually want to watch it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen all of the Buffy and actually own the DVD sets...yeahhh I LOVED Spike! lol! I never watched any of Angel though.. maybe I should get on that. I just started watching Orange is the New Black and it's sooo good! I've still never seen an episode of Breaking Bad. I'm terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeermmmm yessss, I will SO be bookmarking this for later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday Night Lights should be next on your list! So good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love Fringe. I am basically a Fringe-evangelist. Fringe-vangelist, if you will. I'm so glad you're enjoying it, and yeah, Anna Torv's face is kind of boring, but John Noble *IS* totally amazing and Joshua Jackson is pretty awesome. I loved the last season, so you'll have to let me know what you think!

    Also, I cannot wait to start Dexter, and I'm currently watching The Killing and you should totally do it. There are some things that annoy me, but overall it's a great show and I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh your list is fantastic. I absolutely will vouch for The 4400, Greek, Hemlock Grove, Roswell and Desperate Housewives. Well, and of course, OITNB, Dexter and Breaking Bad. I've been meaning to try House of Cards, but it keeps getting pushed back. I'm currently working though Doctor Who, and after that I want to try Being Human and Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD WATCH THE KILLING! I'm obsessed with it. OBSESSED!

    and The Office. OH MAN that show...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've watched The Killing. The first season is really slow because it's focused on one murder case, but also really addicting because of it. I liked the second season a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WENTWORTH MILLER WENTWORTH MILLER WENTWORTH MILLERRRRRRRR. MMMM. I liked Prison Break better than Breaking Bad. IT'S THAT GOOD. So you should move it up on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watch Roswell! It's the only one on your list I actually binge-watched via Netflix (Buffy, Angel, and Charmed were almost all watched when they aired). The ending is a little odd, but it's because they weren't planning on ending and then they had to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fringe is amazing.... I was so sad when the show ended. The 4400 was also very good, I watched it when it was on. I totally need to go back and re-watch Buffy and Angel- they were my jam back in the day..

    ReplyDelete
  12. there are so many amazing shows on this list... Buffy, Fringe, Scrubs ... love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greek. So so good. House. Even better. One Tree Hill. My fave ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU NEED TO WATCH FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS IMMEDIATELY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Private practice. My all time favorite. Watched all seasons. so stinking goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not even kidding, I have many of these on my list to watch. I just have to find the time to binge! Ha!

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just started my binge on Gossip Girl. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...