Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Top 3 Favorite Lip Balms

This is kind of a random post, but for some reason I was thinking about this over the weekend and I started mentally ranking my lip balms, because that's not weird at all. So once I was done with my mental list, I decided to share, because these are things the people of Blogland need to know.

#3

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm
This stuff is amazing. I do enjoy the original Maybelline Baby Lips, but the Dr. Rescue line is just fantastic. They also come in tints, which is fun, but I've only tried one tint, so I can't comment on that too much. It was nice, with just a subtle hint of color. I was kind of terrified that it'd be like lipstick. I have two of the Too Cool color, which is just plain, no tint. I'm in love. So good. I like that is FEELS hydrating unlike some of others I've tried.

#2

Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips
This is my new love. I mentioned in yesterday's post that I've been watching a lot of beauty videos on YouTube, well this product was mentioned so many times and by so many different people! So I was like, ok, I'll try it out, but the whole time I was thinking "Vaseline? Isn't that kind of old school?". Well, old school works, folks. It's so good, it lasts on your lips for such a long time and oh my goodness, super hydrating! Also, it's so little!! It's like a little baby tub of vaseline! I can barely handle the cuteness! There are a few things that irk me a bit. For one, I don't like that I have to apply it with my finger. I wish it was in some kind of tube that I could squeeze up. Two, it actually has a faint smell of roses. I like the smell of real, actual roses, but I'm not a huge fan of rose scented things. Does that make sense? No one can get the smell just right and it bothers me, whatever, it's a weird quirk. I did discover that there are two other scents of the Lip Therapy, so I'm probably going to pick them up.

#1

Mary Kay Satin Lips Lip Balm
I 100% do not want you to think this is because I'm technically a Mary Kay consultant. This is #1 on the list because I'm legitimately obsessed with it. It lasts so, so long on your lips and it makes them just absolutely silky smooth. Honestly, it is, in my humble opinion, the best product Mary Kay offers, no joke. Followed up closely by the Mary Kay Satin Lips Lip Mask. OBSESSED. Do the lip mask and follow it up with the lip balm? Heaven. I have a tube of this in my purse, one in my bathroom, one in my car, and one by my bed. I mean, that should speak for itself.

Honorable Mention

eos Lip Balms
I have to mention these because I do own two of them and my sister loves them. They are good, don't get me wrong, I just think the three I listed above are better. I really like to use the eos lip balms for some moisture right before I apply lip liner and a lip stick, because this lip balm tends to dry to an almost matte finish, so it's easy to apply things over it. I have the Sweet Mint scent, which is okay, but I also have the Coconut Milk scent, HOLY BANANAS! It's awesome. It's always out of stock, so if you see this one, snatch it up! My sister really like the Pomegranate Raspberry scent. Like I said these really are good, with a really cute packaging, but not that long lasting and sometimes the almost matte finish I was talking about bothers me. I know these are really, really popular, but they aren't all that. *hair flick*

There you have it!
I know this was kind of random, but I felt like sharing, so shut up and like it.
I love you.
Bye.

7 comments:

  1. i use baby lips. i love it. but im also really into burt's bees grapefruit flavor right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST was complaining to Jared yesterday about my horrible chapped lips and said I might have to get some vaseline. His response was "EW- isn't that kinda old school?" LOL-- so now I might have to get some of that cute lil variation and prove to him it's not awful. I do wish it came in a tube or something though too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love EOS! It's one of my favorites along with Burt's Bees - I LOVE BURT'S BEES!!!! :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love babylips. But not a fan of EOS lip balms. They feel weird on my lips. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vaseline is the greatest creation of all time. I put it on my lips, hands and feet every night before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing people rave about Babylips - I need to try it out! I pretty much just have Bert's Bees scattered throughout my purses, but I'm kinda sick of the flavored taste and I feel like it doesn't last long at all on my lips. :/
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...